This is what I am

Foodie. Book lover. Travel enthusiast. My travel experiences have been bizarre. Things just happen when you're exploring the world. The following stories are taken from my travel journals over the years. Some have probably happened to you, my fellow reader, others may be more than your imagination can handle. Get ready for a journey around the world.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The District

My goodness! I come to DC for museums, culture, and food, and end up getting caught in one of the biggest snow storms in history here. Close to thirty inches of snow fell on this city between 11am on Friday and 6pm on Saturday. That's right everybody. Snow fell consistently close to thirty-one hours. My goodness...my goodness...my goodness.

I have the photos, the cabin fever, and the freezing toes to prove it. Having completely ignored the weather forecast, I came up here completely prepared for three days of museum scouring, not snow plowing, especially not heavy snow plowing.

Let's go over my shoes first: I have brown heeled boots, or flat black slip on shoes. What's my best snow walking option? The boots obviously. Even though they are designer, and they have gorgeous buttoned details down the back, I take them out to brave the forecast. What else can I do?

Next, all I have are jeans which are NOT waterproof. Thankfully, I have turtleneck sweaters, and a giant scarf, but my gloves are super thin - not good. All sensible people are shouting for me to stay indoors and not venture out into the cold. Well, you forget, who you are talking to.

If there is something I hate doing, it is sitting and doing nothing. So into the city I go. This is the most unprepared I have ever felt for a trip, but you live and learn.

After all, how can I tell you amazing stories if I don't go out and brave the city, snow or no snow?

Exactly! The details of DC to come soon.
~ Happy snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment